Surely one of the most popular treatments at the moment is the tear trough act, and for good reason. This treatment makes you look fresh, radiant and sleepy again without expensive surgery or long recovery time. Are you considering tear duct treatment? Then make an appointment with our specialists right away or read on quickly to learn about the most frequently asked questions about tear duct treatment!
In this blog, you can find the answer to the following questions:
- What is a tear duct treatment?
- What are the causes of puffiness, too obvious tear ducts and dark circles under the eyes?
- How long will a tear trough treatment remain visible?
- Is tear trough treatment painful?
- What are the pros and cons of tear duct treatment with fillers?
- For whom is tear trough treatment appropriate?
- What kind of filler do you guys use?
What is a tear duct treatment?
A tear trough treatment is one of our injectable treatments with fillers. It is a cosmetic treatment in which puffiness or dark circles under your eyes can be filled with fillers. Our specialists always advise you on the best treatment for your puffiness or dark circles under your eyes.
The tear ducts occur due to loss of volume under the eyes and this can have several causes, but with a filler treatment, you can easily replenish this lost volume and your tired appearance will instantly be a thing of the past.
The treatment itself begins with taking some before and after photos and filling out the health statement and consent form. Once you have completed these, we can begin treatment. The area under and around the eyes is carefully cleaned and disinfected. Then, using a cannula, filler is injected into the area of the tear duct. Volume is restored and you immediately look less tired. You will receive an ice pack after the treatment for some cooling of the treated area.
What are the causes of puffiness, too obvious tear ducts and dark circles under the eyes?
The main cause of puffiness, (too) obvious tear ducts and dark circles under the eyes is volume loss in the affected area. This occurs mostly due to aging and a decline in collagen production. When dark circles or deep tear ducts are present in young people, it often has a genetic cause. In addition, your lifestyle also affects your appearance. Consider poor sleep, smoking, certain diseases or conditions and lots of sunbathing.
How long will a tear trough treatment remain visible?
After a tear trough treatment, you immediately look fresh and rested. This result usually remains visible for 10 to 14 months. After that, you can opt for a touch-up if necessary.
A touch-up is a repeat treatment where lost volume is replenished somewhat.
Is tear trough treatment painful?
No, the treatment is not labeled painful by our clients. Fillers have a pain-relieving component by default, so you only feel a prick.
After the treatment, you will be given an ice pack to cool the treated area a bit.
How long does a tear duct treatment take?
A tear duct treatment takes about 15 to 20 minutes. Beforehand, we fill out some forms together and take some pictures. You will get beautiful before and after photos of tear trough treatment.
What are the pros and cons of tear duct treatment with fillers?
Below you can read about the benefits of our tear duct treatment. Want more information or have doubts about tear duct treatment? If so, always contact our clinic. We are happy to provide you with the right information in person.
Benefits of tear duct treatment:
- This treatment has a very short recovery time of up to 2 weeks.
- The application of the fillers is virtually painless.
- Due to the use of hyaluronic acid, there is hardly any risk of allergic reaction.
- Injecting fillers is safe and the substance is broken down by the body itself.
- Should you not be satisfied with the treatment, it is possible to undo it by injecting an opposing substance.
Because we like to be honest about cosmetic procedures, you can read about the disadvantages of tear duct treatment below.
- There are risks associated with any medical procedure. So make sure you read up and know what you are getting into.
- The fillers for tear ducts are temporary and are broken down by the body itself. The downside of this is that its filling effect thus decreases and you need new tear duct fillers again after about 14 months. You can then opt for a touch-up.
- The area treated may be temporarily red or swollen. However, this quickly subsides.
For whom is tear trough treatment appropriate?
From the age of 25, collagen production declines, so you may experience puffiness, deep tear ducts or dark circles under your eyes. So we see this mostly only from 25 years and older. Depending on the type of dark circles or puffiness, tear duct treatment is usually the best solution. If you have very high levels of fluid retention under your eyes, sometimes this treatment may not be right for you. Our specialists will be happy to tell you more about your options for tear duct treatment.
What kind of fillers do you guys use?
At our clinic, we use only the very best A-brand fillers. These are proven effective and have little to no side effects or allergic reactions. Our fillers are hyaluronic acid-based. This a a body’s own substance often used for this type of filler treatment.